Great Lakes recommends various thicknesses of Clear and Colored Mouthguard material depending on the patient and the sport/activity.
For optimum patient protection, we recommend following our dual-laminate mouthguard fabrication technique. This can be accomplished by thermal forming one piece of material on top of another. By applying a clear layer on-top of a colored layer, decals, names, and logos can be embedded in the mouthguard while adding extra strength and protection. Many doctors find it ideal to fabricate using a 2mm+2mm or 2mm+3mm configuration.
For doctors desiring great patient protection and the ease of one-layer fabrication, we also offer Xtreme Bioplast® material. Xtreme integrates two degrees of hardness in one piece of material. A transparent, rigid, "V-shaped" section provides extra anterior protection. This material is also thicker, which may be necessary for some sports and activities.
Single & Dual Laminate Mouthguard
Mouthguard Trimming & Finishing
Using Xtreme Mouthguard Material
Mouthguard with Strap
Mouthguard with Occlusal Indexing
Mouthguard Over Brackets
- Bioplast® Material - Bleach 1mm/125mm - Round (10/pkg)$28.75Item # 030-071
- Bioplast® Material Clear 3mm/125mm - Square (10/pkg)$46.25Item # 035-012
- Bioplast® Material Clear 2mm/125mm - Square (10/pkg)$39.25Item # 035-011
- Bioplast® Material Clear 3mm/125mm - Round (10/pkg)$46.25Item # 030-011
- Clear Bioplast® Material 1mm/125mm - Round (10/pkg)$28.75Item # 030-068
- Bioplast® Material Clear 2mm/125mm - Round (10/pkg)$39.25Item # 030-010